Wednesday 16 November 2011

hello world, meet the Hornegolds.

Well it's been fifteen and a half weeks since I decided on a name for this blog, and we now have a first post.  That's progress, right?  For me it is, anyway, organisation and motivation not being my strong points.  Also, fifteen and a half weeks ago I had a baby and I may possibly have created this blog and then totally forgotten about it..

So here we are.  We're the Hornegolds.  There's me, I'm Mummy (seriously, my older son refuses to believe I go by any other name), and there's my lovely husband Stuart, and our boys.  Dylan is twenty eight and a half (don't forget the half!) months old, and Isaac is (in case you hadn't guessed yet) fifteen and a half weeks.  Here we are, look, being all intellectual at a Museum:


There's also Gizmo - our very loud, very eccentric dog - and Jasper - the cat who thinks he owns the world.  I'm not entirely sure that Jasper thinks he's a cat though.  He displays some very dog-like tendencies on occasion.  Still, you don't have to be mad to live here and all that..


At the moment I am lucky enough to be a Stay-At-Home-Mummy to our two lovely boys, while Stuart goes to work as a chef in a pub kitchen.  It's a funny old job for him to have because in the nearly-five years that we've been together I can count the number of meals he's cooked at home on the fingers of one hand.  I expect by the time he gets home from ten hours of cooking for other people he probably just wants to be out of the kitchen for five minutes, and I do love to cook so I'm pretty happy to oblige.  Plus, if I cook it's likely to be something with an actual recipe, rather than something concocted in the weird and wonderful depths of my husband's (slightly mad) brain.


So this is us.  I can't promise anything we do is going to be particularly groundbreaking, or even particularly interesting.  Currently the most amusing member of our family is definitely Dylan - he's at the delightful stage of Knowing Best about everything, and some of the things he comes up with are just hilarious, especially when delivered with the absolute conviction and seriousness that only small children can muster.  Here is likely to become a place for me to gather my thoughts at the end of a long day, to record the wonderful things my boys say and do, and to keep note of all the things our family experiences.  Hopefully one day the boys will be able to look back and be a) a bit embarrassed by all the things I've written about them, but also b) a bit pleased that they can see what they got up to when they were small.


I'll aim to keep this updated regularly, but I may forget (again) in which case, I'll catch up with you again in about fifteen weeks or so!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I missed that you had a blog! I love it - now get on and update it mrs, you won't regret it xxxx

    ReplyDelete