Thursday 17 November 2011

bus-related growth spurts.

Today Dylan was sure he had grown a foot in the space of three hours. We took a bus to the shops, a double decker no less, and we sat at the top. Dylan wanted to sit at the front and hold onto the rail but he couldn't reach it from the seat. I told him that he would be able to reach it when he was a bit bigger and he decided that looking out of the window at the side would do for now. On the way home we took another double decker bus, but somehow the seats at the top were closer to the rail and Dylan realised he could reach it this time. He turned to me with this look of absolute wonder and said, "Mummy, I'm BIGGER!"


He was so thrilled I didn't have the heart to explain that the gap was actually smaller, so now I guess he thinks he's about six feet tall. Which is good really; I hope he always feels that way.

1 comment: